Beatport is thrilled to officially announce the launch of our most requested label and supplier feature, pre-order!
Beatport now offers pre-order purchases for releases/tracks, at the discretion of the label and/or distributor. The default pre-order status is set to off. Offering content for pre-order is optional and changes to the existing schema are not necessary if pre-order is not being offered for your content.
A pre-order start date indicates the date on which customers may begin previewing and ordering content prior to its official release. Customers who pre-order content will not receive the actual assets until the official release date.
Things to note:
- If audio preview clips being available is an issue then you should not make the content available for pre-order on Beatport.
- Tracks on a release can be pre-ordered individually thus the user is not restricted to having to purchase the full release.
- There is no pre-order sales chart. Track sales count towards the Tracks chart and release sales count towards the Releases chart during the first week of the official release.
- There is currently no restriction on the time period a release can be made available for pre-order. However only sales generated in the 14 days prior to official release will count towards the first week of charting. If chart positioning is your primary objective you should limit pre-order to a maximum of 14 days availability.
- At launch we will not be offering instant grat as a feature.
Pre-order availability can be communicated via XML. Our updated XSD schema can be found below. Beatport XSD schema
Further detailed information on delivering pre-order can be found in the following knowledge base article: How Can I Communicate Pre-Order Availability via XML?
If you are using Baseware Remote to package your content please contact Content Support via firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to activate pre-order.